The program is designed to build on the recent updated global mineral resource estimate for the project which totals 21 million tonnes at 1.40 g/t for 945,000 ounces of contained gold.
Exploration success across multiple new target areas at CGP is beginning to reveal exploration upside.
In December 2019, a program of 7,881 metres of aircore (AC) and 880 metres of reverse circulation (RC) drilling was completed.
Results received in the March 2020 quarter confirmed near-surface high-grade mineralisation at Comedy King prospect, while also delivering promising results from Snowden Well, Lewis East and Lewis West.
Four lines of AC drilling for 4,144 metres was conducted at Comedy King.
New zones of shallow, high-grade mineralisation identified include:
- 12 metres at 14.9 g/t from 4 metres, including 8 metres at 21.9 g/t from 8 metres,
- 4 metres at 8.3 g/t from 20 m to end of hole,
- 8 metres at 3.0 g/t from 8 metres,
- 20 metres at 2.3 g/t from surface, and
- 12 metres at 2.7 g/t from 4 metres.
The company is confident the results are associated with a proven fertile shear zone centred on the Lewis Fault and indicate a large mineralised system at Comedy King.
The AC drilling at Lewis East consisted of 47 holes with results of:
- 4 metres at 11.6 g/t from 8 metres,
- 53 metres at 1.27 g/t from 4 metres to bottom of hole,
- 13 metres at 1.03 g/t from 24 metres to bottom of hole,
- 32 metres at 1.1 g/t from surface, and
- 16 metres at 1.3 g/t from 8 metres.
Considering the results, historical drilling has been re-interpreted into a number of northeast dipping lode structures similar to those encountered at Bruno, Lewis and Comedy King.
Two lines of AC drilling totalling 43 holes for 641 metres was completed at Lewis West.
- 16 metres at 0.38 g/t from 0 metres,
- 16 metres at 0.35 g/t from 0 metres,
- 16 metres at 0.30 g/t from 0 metres,
- 12 metres at 0.31 g/t from 0 metres, and
- 4 metres at 0.93 g/t from 8 metres to bottom of hole.
Location of the target areas for the Cardinia Regional drilling program
The Cardinia Hill prospect featured a single line of historical drilling with attractive grades, including 7 metres at 6 g/t associated with sheared, sulphide-rich sediments and cherts.
A total of 24 AC holes were completed in December, with significant results including:
- 24 metres at 1.64 g/t from 32 metres to bottom of hole,
- 24 metres at 1.34 g/t from 8 metres, and
- 12 metres at 1.31 g/t from 24 metres to bottom of hole.
Further AC drilling is planned to test the extent of the mineralisation along strike and RC drilling will be utilised to test the depth potential below 50 metres.
A total of 13 RC holes for 880 metres were drilled along four separate sections at Snowden Well with results of:
- 1-metre at 3.93 g/t from 38 metres,
- 3 metres at 1.15 g/t from 34 metres, and
- 3 metres at 1.70 g/t from 39 metres.
During the quarter, the company completed a strongly supported share placement to raise $2.64 million by issuRead More – Source
The post Kin Mining reveals exploration upside at Cardinia Gold Project in WA appeared first on News Wire Now.