Hamilton, 35, was pictured at an event in London this month that was also attended by two people who tested positive for Covid-19. Despite being in close proximity to someone who had tested positive, the Mercedes driver rejected the possibility of getting tested because there are people "who need it more than I do.""I did speak to my doctor and double checked if I needed to take a test but the truth is, there is a limited amount of tests available and there are people who need it more than I do, especially when I wasn't showing any symptoms at all," Hamilton said Saturday on social media. Hamilton had been pictured a London event for WE Movement, an "international charity and educational partner." Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, the wife of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, was also in attendance and has tested positive for coronavirus. Despite being at risk of catching the virus, Hamilton assured fans he is "well" and has displayed "zero symptoms.""I'm doing well, feeling healthy and working out twice a day," the six-time world champion said. "I have zero symptoms, and it's now been 17 days since I saw Sophie and Idris. I have been in touch with Idris and happy to hear he is ok."READ: Manchester Premier League rivals come together to support local food banks
The opening race of the 2020 Formula One season had been set for March 15 in Melbourne but was postponed at the last minute. In a news conference before practice was scheduled to begin, Hamilton had called it "shocking" that the race hadn't been called off amid the coronavirus pandemic.The decision to cancel the event followed McLaren's withdrawal after a team member tested positive for the virus.Hamilton since then has been following the advice of medical experts and keeping to himself, he said.